OPEN TO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS (9TH – 12TH GRADE): The purpose of Cross Voyage is to provide a 7 month engaging & intensive confirmation course for high school students to nurture their faith and make it their own.
Adults who are looking to volunteer as mentors for students as they engage in an intensive course to nurture their faith and make it their own can also sign up now.
THE VOYAGE BEGINS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2019
PASTOR HENRY HANSEN – BIDWELL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
OWN THE JOURNEY OF YOUR FAITH
In today’s world, our teens are constantly being confronted about their faith. They are either told there is no God or that the only reason they have faith in God is because they were trained at a young age. Cross Voyage is a great opportunity for your student to explore why they believe what they believe, see what their church is all about, & build deep relationships with other members of the church family beyond the youth department.
It also gives students the opportunity to explore their faith in a fun safe environment, have one-on-one time with a mentor to ask tough questions about their faith, and experience firsthand the difference between the Christian faith and others present in the world today.
Our hope for this program is when they look back on this adventure, they will feel confident answering questions about their faith, having a true ownership of what they believe, develop lifelong relationships with other believers, and continue to join hand-in-hand in the mission of their church family to share the good news to the world.
• Monthly Teachings on the Essential Doctrines of the Christian Faith, including “Who is Jesus Christ?”, “The Trinity”, “How is the Bible Inspired by God and Authoritative in My Life?”, and “What is the Christian Life and how do I Live It?”
• Weekly mentoring sessions with a mentor assigned to the student by Pastor Henry and an Elder of the church.
•Visiting other churches and other faiths on a weekend such as Beth Temple Shalom and two churches of other traditions.
•A weekend retreat in Spring.
• Must sign up and be assigned by Pastor Henry and an elder of the BPC.
• Must be able to commit to Cross Voyage’s 7th month period to meet with student(s) as a mentor.
• Mentors devote their time to helping students (1) Gain clarity in their belief in core aspects of the Christian faith by being a listening ear and discipleship, (2) help students stay on course to their commitment to finish strong so that they may be received into leadership of the church (if they so choose to serve in ministry), (3) grow in their own faith by investing time in student(s) in a meaningful way.
• Parents can be involved with Cross Voyage by encouraging students to maintain their commitment to the confirmation course.
• Parents must sign up even if they desire to be a mentor. All mentors must be approved by Pastor Henry and an elder of the church.
• Parents may attend classes to gain a better understanding of what their kids are learning and what their kids are experiencing throughout the course.
CROSS VOYAGE SCHEDULE
RETREAT TIME & LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED.
MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW.