A deacon ministers to those who are in need, to the sick, and to the friendless. Members of our Board of Deacons visit the hospitalized and elderly; take meals to new parents or persons recovering from hospitalization; extend hospitality on Sundays after worship services; pray actively for known prayer requests; distribute beneficent funds to those experiencing financial hardship.
Stephen Ministers are Christian men and women trained to provide one-to-one care to people experiencing a difficult time in life, such as grief, divorce, job loss, chronic or terminal illness, relocation, or separation due to military deployment. Stephen Ministers come from all walks of life. They have a passion for bringing Christ’s love and care to people during a time of need.
BPC offers a variety of support groups that provide a ring of supportive love and care around an individual, couples and/or families dealing who find themselves in a time of crisis, challenge, and/or heartache. Group Leaders receive extensive and on-going training and have walked through the specific crisis in which they serve. Learn more about how you can receive the support you need.
WHAT DOES BPC BELIEVE ABOUT PRAYER?
We are a praying community. We value the opportunity to pray with and for individuals. If you are in need of prayer you may submit your prayer request and the request will be emailed to a list of hundreds of people in our congregation who have committed to praying when they receive the emails.
GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW FOR SUBMITTING A REQUEST
1) You must secure the permission of anyone for whom you are submitting a prayer request. Otherwise, please submit your request without the individuals’ names.
2) You must limit your request to 60 words or less. All prayer requests are subject to being edited before they are sent out to the email distribution list.
3) Not all prayer requests can be sent out quickly. Our usual turnaround is 24 hours, but that cannot always be guaranteed.
4) Please remember that there are many people reading the requests, so confidentiality and sensitivity to details should be honored. If you would like someone to pray one-on-one with you, please contact the church office at 530-343-1484 to make a request for a Deacon or Stephen Minister.
WHO GETS SUBMITTED PRAYER REQUESTS?
DOES BPC OFFER OTHER PRAYER OPPORTUNITIES
CAN I REQUEST ONE-ON-ONE PRAYER?
CAN I BE ADDED TO YOUR PRAYER LIST?
Deacons seek to bring the love of Christ by visiting members of our church who are hospitalized, in care facilities, or who are home bound. If you would like to request a visit with a deacon, please contact us.
BPC office at 530-343-1484
The Meals Ministry serves families or individuals within our church community by providing ready-to-eat meals. Designed to help ease daily burdens, this ministry is carried out by a network of volunteers within BPC who serve one another by meeting the practical need for food preparation.
VESPERS / COMMUNION
Deacons bring a worship service and communion to Windchime, Sierra Sunrise/Terraces, and The Courtyard assisted living residences on the first Sunday of every month. These services are open to all Christians living at these facilities.
Deacons attend to the life events of our church members by sending out cards and notes of encouragement, sympathy, praise, or recovery. If you know of someone who would benefit from this, please contact us.
BPC office at 530-343-1484
There are times when each of us needs the care of another person…a Christian friend…a Stephen Minister.
WHAT DO STEPHEN MINISTERS DO?
WHAT TYPES OF CHALLENGES CAN THEY HELP WITH?
- Terminally ill and their families
- Moving into or out of our community
- Grieving a death or serious loss
- Homebound and institutionalized
- Prisoners, ex-offenders and their families
- Job crisis
- Aging and elderly
- Disabled (and their families)
- Needing the support of a Christian friend
- Facing life transitions
- Separated or divorced
- Experiencing birth or adoption
- Spiritual crisis
HOW DO I REQUEST A STEPHEN MINISTER?
If you think you may benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister as you face a life challenge, transition or crisis, please contact the church office at 343-1484 and we will do our best to match you with a Stephen Minister.